Thursday, March 13, 2008

These are the days....

Oh my! These are the days that I'm reminded of just how blessed we are to live in sunny, beautiful Florida! Today was perfect...blue sky, the occasional high-up cirrus cloud that didn't block the sun at all, and a nice breeze blowing so you didn't get too hot. Clay had an orthodontist appointment, and we had to pick something up out by the beach, and I just couldn't resist...

We picked up Subway, and had an impromptu picnic on the beach. (I had a sheet to lay out, and we made a quick stop in Walmart for some buckets and shovels.) After eating, the girls played with their new toys, while the big kids buried feet and built castles (of a sort). I laid out and thanked God for His goodness, while the kids laughed and played in the background. In the midst of our fun, Bo called....from Canada. He was standing next to piles of snow that were 8 feet tall!

We've decided that every other week or so, the kids will double up on their schoolwork, or do extra the night before so we can take regular trips to the beach before it starts to fill up with vacationers. I know how great it felt when I was a kid up north to have a snow day. I'm sure it's awesome for them to take a day off to have a BEACH day! (Pictures coming soon!)

No comments: