Saturday, June 14, 2008

My Hundred Good Wishes Quilt

Okay...this post is a little lame without an accompanying picture, but...Ellie's quilt is DONE! It was such a blessing to receive squares and wishes for our new little girl, and I was able to piece the quilt together before going to China, but it has been put away since then. I really didn't know how to put it all together, and was very intimidated and afraid of ruining Ellie's beautiful quilt. My good friend, Lindsay (who also happens to be our pastor's wife) quilts, and she came over Thursday night to help me finish it. She even brought her sewing machine over (which is SUCH a cool machine, btw!) Turns out, she pretty much sewed the whole thing for me, because I was *very* slow (in my defense, she doesn't use a presser foot, just a button that you push--very newfangled.) Anyways...the quilt is DONE, and it's beautiful, and I'm so thrilled to have this gift to give to Ellie. I'm also thrilled to have had my dear friend have such a big part in making it for her.

Oh, and the reason there is no picture is that I brought my camera upstairs today to take a picture of it, and the packers had already packed it and sealed up the box. I'll get a picture on here once we get moved and I unearth it again.

I actually feel like I could do more quilting now, though. Lindsay is a great teacher! I doubt I'll ever hand piece and quilt like my mother, but I may take on a new project in the coming months.


2 comments:

Humblepie said...

Dana!
I LOVE YOUR SITE!!!!
It totally makes me want to blog.
I tried it once before & felt like no one was reading it & so I gave up but this is giving me a new reason to blog. If not to keep more in touch w/you guys!!!!
I sure do miss yall already!
The day you guys left, Kyle came inside & said to me "man, I was really enjoying getting to know Bo & now they're gone". I was like "AWWWW" he's missing yall too...
I'm REALLY sorry we didn't get to know yall alot sooner.
But later is better than never at all so I praise God for the opportunity He has given us to get to know yall at all & I hope we continue to do so even though yall are miles away.
GOD BLESS YALL!!!

Humblepie said...

Sorry Dana I meant to write my name so you would know who the heck I am, lol....(not that you couldn't figure it out after reading it but just in case) It's me Kelli! lol..