Wednesday, April 29, 2009

My newest form of therapy

I have enjoyed sewing for years, although I've tended to limit it to things like curtains, pillows, and costumes that are only going to be worn once so it doesn't matter how well they're contructed. Lately, however, I've become really adventurous and even tried making some clothing. There are so many great FREE tutorials (I heart free!) to help guide you step-by-step through your project, which is perfect because I don't really know how to read a pattern, and I learn better seeing than reading.

Oh, and turns out being totally thrifty and reconstructing things and doing then in a less than professional or correct way is a popular way of doing things now. Apparently I've been decades ahead of the curve! I'll post a slideshow of some of the things I've been making.





No comments: